Friday, August 16, 2013

Final DaYz

Greetings Everyone!

I hope all is well and healthy wherever you are...because for the last couple of days I have been the victim of food poisoning and contaminated water. The pain I had was so conflicting and mind boggling that I wasn't able to function properly. The only thought running through my mind was where's the bathroom and whats the fastest route. It was equivalent to having the worst period ever: stomach cramps, gas, constant bowel leakage, and lets not forget the mood swings....Not to be crass but I went to the bathroom at least six times yesterday, mind you that's one day, I've been under the weather for at least a week. This whole ordeal has made me wonder why aren't the simple fundamentals enforced? My sickness could've been completely avoided by simply making clean hands a priority...After my lengthy recovery I notice the lack of care in almost everything: food, hygiene, emissions testing, garbage everything, no one seems to give homage to anything concerning health unless its in regards to money. I feel this posting really relates to one of my previous postings speaking on the example Americans display. We as a nation are viewed across the world and with that comes an image. I realized being here when I introduce myself as American all they see is $$$$$$$$ and more $$$$$$$. Between the media and politics we portray ourselves rather wealthy when in reality is the complete opposite, don't misunderstand me...We are a wealthy nation, however we are a nation in debt that borrows to donate to underdeveloped countries...[yes I did say that right,that wasn't a typo] Its as if we rob Peter to pay Paul, the concept makes no sense. [but anyway I'm losing focus from my point] Our capitalist society/ way of thinking is spreading like wild fire, and the image we're sending is money first compassion later. Thusly the knee jerk reaction is a corrupt economy and poor unhappy constituents all in the hopes for the "American Dream". Now I'm not blaming the US for Nepal's predicament, I am simply analyzing the selected view in which Nepal see's us in. Just a little fruit for thought before I leave. Until next time here's the parasite that took a whole week to clear through my body and its process:
Life cycle of Giardia intestinalis

No comments:

Post a Comment