Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The 411

Greetings Everyone!

GUESS WHAT!?! I officially have 5 days left!!!!! I get to go home woooooooo!!! But before I leave I had to take care of some serious business yesterday, I had to extend my visa so I could leave free and clear. One of the girls left and didn't have her paperwork in order as far as having the proper visa and had to stay longer. Thusly paying $12,000 rupees that's $112 US dollars for the correction, furthermore prompting me to do the same. I went straight to the immigration office and ended up paying $48 for everything. The process seemed a lot simpler than in the US in terms of the mailing process, not to mention all the waiting required. Everything happens at a rapid pace, and plus the workers are a lot nicer than the Embassy of Nepal in the US as well....But anywho the adventures don't stop there, my computer charger decided not to work and therefore causing delays in emails as well as communication with family. So I had to buy a new charger at the bargaining price of $1600 rupees that's $16 US dollars how awesome is that!?! I was so happy I hugged the salesman. [lol] But other than that I've been enjoying the last days until arriving home, I'm getting a tattoo on Thursday and massage on Saturday. Supposedly the massage parlor is very famous due the staff:

          Seeing Hands Nepal is a UK Registered Charity. It was set up in 2005 by British founders Rob and Susan Ainley, and is backed by a global network of volunteers from trustees and members, to professional massage tutors and teachers. It is also linked to the London Institute of Sports and Remedial Massage (ISRM), which helps to induct volunteer tutors and procure equipment and course materials.Operations in Nepal are overseen by the founders, but managed by a local team of experienced staff (including blind members) who have been involved with the project since inception.SHN now employs over 17 staff (including blind therapists and sighted support staff) and as the training programme continues, this number is expected to grow. Efforts are ongoing to develop the longevity and sustainability of the organization, so in future years it can be independently run by the blind, for the blind.

So until next time you can imagine how cool and wonderful my much needed massage is going to be :D !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment