Monday, August 5, 2013

Lamenting

Greetings Everyone!

I hope all is well! As you know my days are numbered, and I am slowly pulling myself together to gracefully go home I wonder....I wonder how the people of Nepal are going to progress? From education and healthcare to culture and tradition. As I advance within this internship I wonder how will Nepalese people and the government change their ways for the greater good.  As an American I feel I can and will never understand the struggle a Nepali will go through simply due lifestyle and conditioning. However, as an American I can give empathy, analysis and assistance, not so much as charity but simply to recover lost culture and regain country pride and strength. Reading through Nepali history, and watching how they became a nation of its own is more enriching then the culture itself. I just wonder, whats next for Nepal???
As an American I feel especially responsible for setting an example for understanding who we are as a nation, to show compassion and resilience within this stay. But, the task gets harder everyday primarily due to that daily challenges. A lot of the citizens here have a misconception that all Americans are rich, stupid and full of animosity towards anyone non American. But that's what is most confusing to me is how Nepali children and younger adults try their hardest to adapt to American culture, learning English, dressing with a more western style , even considering to change most of their traditions. But, what conflicts me most is why they go through all the trouble, most Nepali people will NEVER travel to the US. Believe me, I make no assumptions, I in deed asked all Nepali people I came in contact with....I wanted to know their intentions within the US and most stated " Oh no no I will never travel to the West simply because its way to expensive....So as I stated before I wonder about Nepal, why assimilate to another country standard? Do we hold that much power as a nation ? If so then, we have a lot of responsibilities to attend to...especially since we're donating $27 million. This is just a midnight lament....I just wonder what happens once I leave...do I bring awareness home, or is it an out of sight out mind experience? That's all I have for now but until next enjoy some Nepali culture....


 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment