Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A TASTE OF NEPAL

Greetings Everyone!

So today's topic is kind of unconventional,  so heed the warning its surrounding bowel movements....To begin, of Nepal's biggest problems involve diarrhea, and that's due to constant contamination within one's food and water. Because hand-washing isn't apart of a daily routine bacteria is constantly spread from person to person contact or person to food cross contamination. For example, analyzing the bathroom situation, rarely is there toilet paper and soap provided for the process of properly sanitizing oneself. But, I choose this topic particularly because it pertains to my situation, I've had constant stomach issues with my body since I received my vaccinations for the country. My pains range from 4 to 6 hours apart and feel as if someone is consistently punching me in my upper abdomen. I've had diarrhea for about 2 weeks now but it wasn't until yesterday that my body gave me the true pain and misery of what this sickness has to offer... I broke my veggie streak to try a real sample of what Nepal has to offer and it felt like death came knocking at my door. I wanted to do any and everything to empty my stomach even if that meant sticking my fingers down my throat...OMG I've never felt sooooooooo bad. Because, I'm a intern within the hospital they gave me a free consultation, the doctor prescribed electrolytes to re-hydrate my body and return it to its normal state... At first, it tasted awful, so much to the point of vomiting, but within 15 to 20 minutes I was back to my normal state and ready to work... But just think a little Gatorade could have solved all my problems.... 2 hours later I was peeing like a race horse, and to make matters even better, I finally released my lunch and don't plan on eating anything soon....I feel so drained and physically and tired from all the straining and stomach pains. It seems that each week my digestive problems get progressively worse...Furthermore I forgot to include that my medicine cost was about 40 rupees altogether, thats barely a dollar just to give some perspective. But anywho that's all for now until tomorrow, its really late here and my day has been quite long so love, peace, and hair grease until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment