Sunday, July 7, 2013

Final Destination

Namaste!

I finally made it with no time to spare! The experience of all this has been invaluable, the people I encountered and places I've seen will never be forgotten. The flight here was definitely interesting filled with so many Nepalese and Indian people, it was a good old fashion melting pot of cultures. The ride itself was four hours long and with unforgiving smells. But needless to say I made it safe and sound with no problems. The airport was very contemporary and yet still foreign to me, the scenery, the process, everything was brand new to me. For once I can say I was the foreigner, that had to go through immigration and customs. But nothing could have prepared for the traffic here, I guess everyone's on their own agenda with their own personal rules. If one can imagine there were people, cars, and bikes everywhere all at once! Our taxi cab driver was scaring me half to death swerving from side to side, bobbing and weaving through traffic like we're in grand theft auto or something. The scenery was definitely different from the states no traffic signs or lights, just bare and open for any given opportunity.

However, the process of checking into the ProWorld house was different. Everyone was really nice and excited for new company, I can't say I'm completely settled, I guess I'm still  culture shocked. Between the hard bed and the time difference everything is taking time for me to adjust. The showers aren't always hot and I can't flush tissue down the toilet so things are going to take of getting used to but I guess the experience shall be enriching for sure. I go through orientation today for my internship and the dos and don'ts for the program . The one I can say that makes me unique is that I can contact my family anytime as long as I have the internet. My dad was fortunate enough to buy me a magic jack so I can make international calls without paying a dime. I just got off the phone with my best friend about 30 minutes ago, so I do feel somewhat comfortable. My goal/ task for the day is not isolate and/or outcast myself, I'm really shy and still trying to figure out who to trust and talk to about my questions and concerns. [I mean lets face reality here: Not everyone has your best interest at heart.] So with that thought in the back of my mind I always remain a little reserve from the group. But with that being said how was one to enjoy themselves without letting down ones guard? So objective for the day learn what I'm suppose to do and immerse myself into the culture. Until next time Namaste!!!!!





P.S I didn't forget our last topic at hand just give me time and I will surly get back to business


KTM Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment