Monday, July 15, 2013

HEY HEY HEY

Greetings Ladies & Gents

I'm so sorry for the late delay in postings, I've been traveling around the city of Chitwan for the past two days! The adventure was amazing and definitely an experience I will never forget! To begin lets start with the bus ride, oh my god these people have no concept of driving skills here! I think he hit every pothole, ditch, or whatever he could find in the road. The bus ride itself was average, the seats were small, uncomfortable and really compact [but then again what bus is comfortable?]. And lets not forget the bus ride was about 6 hours long, with only two stops in between, so I hope you were awake for both of them.... But each stop had something different to offer, the first stop I experienced my first modern outhouse, thank God I brought toilet paper and soap or else I would've been in a tight fix. The second stop was really cool, the rest stop was set up as a giant cafeteria with all the Nepalese food one can choose from! I ate a fried veggie ball, with veggie chomein SOOOOOO GOOOOOD! But as time passed we finally approached our stop and reached another bus to take us to this extremely luxurious hotel. The hotel provided hot water, food three times a day, AND......toilet paper with soap [not to mention one could flush the tissue paper down the commode].. Awesome RIGHT!? Furthermore we took a small hike and tour through the Chitwan village and their national park to get a preview of what we would be doing for time being spent there. I saw the Narayani River which by the way is BEAUTIFUL, I did a three hour long hike in the National park while in the presence a wild animals [mind you there's no protective barriers], I went canoeing and rode an elephant. Now the elephant ride included a hike through another portion of the Chitwan National Forest sooooooo cool, but I highly recommend bug repellents with lots of deet. The more deet inside, the stronger ones protection against getting bitten. I have a total of 28 bites on my entire body, from my face to my feet. So please please please make sure deet is a huge factor within your repellent because these bugs are relentless! But anywho I did a second trip back to the hospital today, much better treatment than last week. I went to the laboratory and observed their skills and what their methods were as far as testing fluids for pathogens. Very interesting system, each person has their own individual tasks and works on their own time. Its kind of like a divide and conquer systems everyone knows their job, but at the end of the day comes together to balance out all the information. What I find interesting is throughout the hospital there's no public health initiative taken by anyone. Only the Public Health Administrator does most of the promoting and what I find so intriguing about the whole process is, how does one expect a increase in disease control if no one is proactive. I always thought Public Health is group effort by everyone not jut certain sectors of the hospital. But anyway its really late here going on midnight so I heading off to bed but before I went just wanted to bring you all up to speed on everything. So until next time enjoy some pictures from the Chitwan adventure!





No comments:

Post a Comment